Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Dresser Project Part II - and other home improvements

I was a busy girl last week - and part of this week.
I finally completed my dresser project,
as well as a chair and side table.


The Finished Dresser - 
Now it's an entertainment center


I love the new knobs





Finished Side Table - Not sure where it goes yet.



Finished Chair - It was chipping, so I fixed it.



We put blinds up in the rest of the windows 
in our house.  For some reason, the previous
owners only put blinds up in some of the windows.
Now that it's getting warmer outside, we thought
it would help cool the house down by blocking the sun.


It gets really hot up here - the blinds definitely help


I got this cute curtain holder at Hobby Lobby
for the curtains in the guest room.


I just ordered the valence to go on this window
with the curtain panels.  It will look much better.

This room gets really hot when the sun is shining - the blinds are helping SO much.

I love our new flags - we're so patriotic.  Haha

I love that the first thing I see when I walk out the front door
 is a gorgeous mountain range.  It's beautiful when it's green.

I decided to make my very first wreath
after seeing a cute idea on Pinterest.
I made this by tying ribbon on a wreath form.

The back of the wreath.
I am loving all of these projects.
I have a long list of things I want to try.
I think furniture painting is one of my new
favorite hobbys.  

Me and my sweet fur-son

You can't help but love that face

He usually comes halfway down the stairs to see if what
 I'm doing downstairs is worth the trouble of coming
all the way down. He used to follow me everywhere, but since
 I'm on the move so much, he's learning.  Haha


No comments:

Post a Comment