Sunday, March 20, 2016

Lost Bridge Trail

We have enjoyed Spring Break.
I got a little time off work while
Eric had time off school.
I officially hit the 20 week mark
on Saturday.  I can't believe I'm halfway
 through this pregnancy.  But we
are anxious to meet our sweet boy.  


On Friday, we drove to Springdale, Arkansas
and spent the evening with friends.
Summer and her husband Trey live there. 
It's always great catching up with friends.
We enjoyed some yummy burgers near
the University of Arkansas campus.

Summer and Me - we've been friends since early childhood.

After a delicious breakfast Saturday
morning, Eric and I traveled to Lost
Bridge Hiking Trail near Garfield, Arkansas.
This trail is on Beaver Lake, which
is one of the most beautiful lakes in the area.
It was a brisk 40 degree morning when
we started our hike.  It warmed up a little, 
but the wind kept it pretty chilly.


Trevor and Candace got me a selfie-stick
for Christmas - so I was able to take lots
of pictures of us on our hike...



I want to do this hike again in the fall - 
maybe not this fall since I'll have a newborn,
but I can only imagine how gorgeous this
area is with leaves on the trees.

Taking a short break by a neat rock formation




We came across this temporary shelter
on our hike.  It looked like something
straight off the Dual Survivor Show
Eric watches.  It was a neat little
shelter with a fire-pit and a gorgeous view.


  
Overhanging bluffs like this one were typical
of the dry shelters which were favorite living
 quarters for the Indians in the mountainous
portions of the Arkansas Ozarks from the earliest
 times until the time of contact with Europeans.
There were several other landmarks along this trail,
including a plantation foundation with a fireplace.




...and we finally got to the end of the trail.
This is the part where I looked at the map
and realized the 5 mile hike was actually
a 7 mile hike.  Phewww.  Needless to say,
my legs are tired today.


I will most likely not be going on
any more lengthy hikes during this
pregnancy, but we had a great time
exploring this trail together.

No comments:

Post a Comment