Friday, December 2, 2011

I said "YES"

We had plans to get some professional pictures taken on Saturday July 16, 2011 at The Mayo Hotel.  We had been talking about getting married, but I thought the ring was still being made.  






After taking formal pictures at The Mayo Hotel, we drove a couple of miles to Woodward Park.  We didn't want to be there very long because it was July in Oklahoma - temperatures that summer were in the low one hundreds and the humidity didn't help.


Eric calls this one the "backpack" picture
After taking a few pictures, there was a pause.  Our photographer was trying to come up with another pose and we were all trying to stay cooled off.  All of a sudden, Eric turned to me and said, "I think there's something missing that would make these pictures a lot better..."  I turned to him and he was holding up a beautiful ring.


Shock was one of the many emotions I was feeling at the time.  It was such an incredible moment.  He got down on one knee and told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me.


I said "Yes" of course!  Eric could not have picked a better way to propose to me.  For those of you that know me, you know how much I love photography and capturing all of life's moments on camera.  It means so much to me that there was a photographer there to capture this special moment.  We didn't have to go back and act out a proposal - it was the real thing.  And every time I look at these pictures, I feel that same amazing feeling that I felt when I got engaged to the love of my life.  It was perfect.
















Photo's were taken by Simply White Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment