Monday, July 2, 2012

Sunset from Adam's Canyon

I apologize in advance,
my pictures are not in order - 
I took two cameras on this hike
so that I could use my tiny tripod
to take timed photos of the family
with my smaller camera.

Now that I've explained that,
I'll get to the good stuff.

This hike was the most beautiful
hike I've been on so far in Utah.
Adam's Canyon.
We went late in the evening
so we wouldn't get hot.
We started out thinking this
was a short 1.5 mile hike.
Turns out, it's much longer,
so we didn't make it to the 
pretty waterfall at the end,
but we will definitely check that
out in the near future.

These pictures don't really show
how truly beautiful the view was - 
there was smoke/smog making it
difficult to see all of the mountains.






I guess Oliver wasn't in the mood for a picture...

He found some water to lay down in



A mini waterfall

When the sun starts to set, the mountains turn red - it's quite lovely




There were so many pretty birds - Oliver loved watching them



The moon

The moon

The moon




My sweet boys


Family photo!











He got a little dirty along the way


Bird watching




How did this one get in here....?   :)

My new favorite family picture



My handsome husband!


I can't wait to do this hike
again!  Next time, we'll 
allow enough time to go the
entire way - I've heard
the waterfall is pretty amazing.

We are thinking about climbing halfway up
on the 4th of July so we can see
all the different fireworks displays - 
that is, if they still do fireworks this year.
There are quite a few fires going on,
so a lot of the state is under a burn ban.
Pray for rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment