Monday, October 15, 2012

Red River Rivalry 2012

I have to say, I was a bit nervous
going into the Red River Rivalry
 game this year.  Oklahoma has 
struggled this year and Texas has 
been doing rather well...

But, they pulled off a win -
A big win!  The final score was 
Oklahoma 63 - Texas 21.
Most of the points scored by
Texas were in the 4th quarter.

The Red River Rivalry
(try saying that 10 times fast)
 is my favorite game of the year.
The game has been held
at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas,
during the Texas State Fair,
since 1932.  It is a neutral location
that is about half way between OU
in Norman Oklahoma and UT in 
Austin Texas.  The Cotton Bowl
is actually on the Texas State
Fair Grounds, so you get to enjoy
a wonderful fair along with a 
fantastic football game.
Nearly 100,000 people
flock to the fairgrounds for 
this game annually.  

Our sweet family - with Big Tex in the background.
He just celebrated his 60th year.

We had a few Texans with us - friends of my brother.


I got my favorite fair food - a Fletchers Corn Dog!

The guys rode the Mouse Trap ride before the game


My parents

The Sooner Marching Band and the State Flag of Oklahoma

I always love to see the line -
crimson on the left and orange on the right

BOOMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment